Old 12-08-20, 11:08 AM
AllWeatherJeff
Old Dog, New Tricks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FastMike
I am planning to do the same but im doubtful if it is healthily possible. And seeing your post gave me direction. Thanks!
I'm glad it was helpful.

Keto definitely isn't going to be a long term lifestyle change for me. But there are plenty of ways to make it a healthy way to lose weight. Many veggies are keto friendly -- bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach (are my favorites)-- and there are remarkably easy-to-prepare bread recipes, pre-packaged pancake/waffle mixes, and super low carb tortillas.

Also, the 20gram limit of carbs isn't as fixed as it may seem. For example I've discovered that I can have 40-50 grams of carbs in one day and still be in ketosis ( I use One Earth brand Ketone test strips, 2-3 times a day). And a carb depleting workout seems to get my metabolism quickly back to ketosis for bedtime.

A very important part of being able to stick with the regimen is finding ways to vary what you eat. Keto gets boring quickly if you limit what you eat to a small list of food staples. There are tons of keto options that can help you vary your diet, but the resources aren't always easy to find. A lot of the recipes are insanely simple- even for someone like me who hates involved cooking - it's just a matter of finding the more uncommon ingredients.

Check out Joe Duff's youtube channel. My biggest gains with Keto didn't really take off until after I found his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...pqoqtWFEpGAYqw