View Single Post
Old 12-27-20, 01:03 PM
billridesbikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by jay1680
OP here. Sorry for being imprecise. I am using a Wahoo Bolt in the menu under planned workouts it lists two tests, a 20 minute FTP test and an 8 minute FTP test. Both tests take about an hour with intervals and rest periods. I complete the intervals according to the instruction for each interval (40% or 100% effort) but at the end of the hour the Bolt says failed FTP test.
Hi - Here is my guess. The test has certain segments and wants you to be at a certain power at each segment and if your power is too far off it ‘fails’ even if it’s is only one segment. It does this to kind of help you make sure your at your anaerobic threshold and not actually anaerobic during part of the FTP test. This is probably ‘dumb’ programming on Wahoo’s part that it doesn’t give you the power during the actual FTP part of the test, or at least more verbiage about exactly why it thinks it’s ‘failing’. The 20min test on Zwift also has segments, but doesn’t ‘fail’ if you’re too high or too low on a segment.

I looked on Wahoo’s website, but couldn’t figure how their FTP test worked. You might want to try to scroll through the device and see if there is a way to increase the % at where a fitness test will ‘fail’. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.