View Single Post
Old 01-15-21, 08:04 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 937 Posts
As I understand it, "OP" is the Bike Forums acronym for Original Post. I could be wrong.

As for your bike, it is entry level or close to it, however; it is the exact sort of bike that I like to restore these days. At the moment, I am completing the paint/art for this sixties something Torpado. My Torpado and your Garletti are very similar in vintage and quality level (the OP's Garletti is more desirable in my opinion and, were it my size, I would not hesitate to pay a couple of hundred dollars CND).

If it is any help, I recently got this old Torpado, a gift from a friend). My intention is to keep it as original as I can, group set wise, but made the decision to paint the bike and add correct art. Anyway, "as found" for free...

So far, without the cost of tires, the bike has set me back close to $150.00 CND, to get it looking like this (that includes the cost of the art)...

My best guess is that, with tires, new brake blocks and cables, the end cost will be around $250.00 CND for me. I should add that I do all of my own work, which keeps my build (and maintenance) cost down a lot. And, if the OP's bike is all polished chrome, under that paint, he or she just might decide to go all chrome like I did on my last Torpado...

Well, not quite all chrome. Some contrast adds to the visual quality, in my opinion...