canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Since when is starch (i.e. carbs) a 'supplement'? That's what I wanna know.
Valid point. Might be more accurate to think of carbs as fuel. That's the mind game I played to remind myself how to enjoy a few junk carbs and sugary snacks on occasion. I try to time my consumption of donuts, etc., to coincide with bike rides or hard workouts.

I don't do full keto but just by changing my mindset about junk carbs and sugar. and when I consume them, I've peeled off 10 lbs of body fat I didn't even realize I had in excess over the past year. Didn't really feel like much of a sacrifice either.

I also take supplements -- DHEA, pregnenolone, magnesium lactate, extra Vitamin D and calcium my otho doc insists upon -- but I regard them with a bit of skepticism despite it. Perhaps that's why they tend to stick in my craw. I'm swallowing skeptically. I'd like to believe they help, but for all I know it's just getting my thyroid med in balance that's really making the difference. Who knows.

I'm gonna have a donut -- oops, scratch that, "starch supplement" -- tomorrow morning after my PT session. I'll have earned it.