View Single Post
Old 05-12-19, 11:11 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
There is no eyeballing to verify. trust me, i tried and ended up buying the tool just to see my hanger was quite out and straightening resolved all my issues and made adjustment a breeze.
A couple of observations:
1. The bike is question is a 7-speed so the precise alignment needed for 8+ speeds, particularly 10-speed isn't as critical and eyeballing should be enough.
2. The tool you bought to align your rd hander was undoubtedly used on a good quality frame. The bike the OP is working on isn't and never will be. Don't waste the money.

Your friend is not serious about a bicycle for transport or sport, whatever the case may be, and you are wasting your cycling mechanic-ing time on him. If he/she were serious, they would invest in a bicycle that would not waste your efforts and good intentions upon.

I agree completely. If he really were truly serious about wanting reliable transportation, he wouldn't be so insistent on your making this thing work and would agree to get something that can be made to work. Apparently he doesn't value your experience or time.