View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 04:51 PM
AusTexMurf

Bikes: 2010 Origin8 CX700, 2003 Cannondale Backroads Cross Country, 1997 Trek mtn steel frame converted commuter/tourer, 1983 Univega Sportour, 2010 Surly LHT, Others...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
I have three sons. They eat a lot of pizza. Lucky for us, we have a great local pizzeria about 1.5 miles from home. Easy distance for bike pickup.
Although I can carry pizzas on just about any of my bikes with three bungee cords, it is much easier to put them on the front racks of my bikes that have them.
I have a Toba Romeo (pizza) front rack that can accomodate pizza, bulky items, and panniers as well on one of my go to touring bikes. We have another one of these same front Toba Romeo racks on one of my wife's bikes. Also, I have two of the Blackburn Local Deluxe racks on my 92 Bridgestone MB3. They are wider, shorter racks that can be mounted on the front or rear. I can get away with hauling pizza up front or on back with this bike when I have the trunk bag mounted up front.

In general, I find it easier to carry pizzas on a front rack. No hitting the pizza boxes as you pedal and much easier to get on and off the bike while pizza loaded.