Old 12-25-19, 04:20 PM
GUMK

Bikes: Marin Muirwoods 29er

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
...it's time to look back. Check your entries in the mileage thread and think back on your year. How did you do? Did you set goals (for mileage or budget or fitness), did you meet them? Did you learn, were you happy? What does 2020 look like?
Started cycle commuting full time in December 2018, after giving up on public transport being unreliable, and I’m loving it.

Tested commuting with an old MTB, made just about every mistake it’s possible to make, learned A LOT and got a hybrid on the Cycle to Work scheme in April. Didn’t renew my Travel Card in June and never looked back.

Cycled over 4500 miles (22.5 mile round trip), tested about a dozen different ways to get to and from work and now settled on the route that keeps me off the roads as much as possible.

Cycled in everything from -6C to 28C, snow storms, 50 mph winds and umpteen rainy days. I’m now lit up like a Christmas Tree on my way home (I work the late shift so it’s dark on my return trip 10 months of the year).

Lost over three stone and I am now fitter than I’ve been for over 20 years.

In short, cycle commuting is the best decision I’ve made in a number of years, and I intend to continue as long as I can.
Likes For GUMK: