View Single Post
Old 08-24-19, 06:05 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
I got as far as getting my bike off the ceiling and onto the stand. It will be another week before I get to overhauling it for the the "Fall Campaign".Hopefully I will get out in the shop this week to get a tooth count on the present gearing. I did ride the bike on the small chain ring last year, predominately small to small and then usually only shifting down one or or two cogs for wind and terrain. That was mostly to keep my self from hurting my knees as I was upping my mileage pretty quickly. Mashing felt good in the moment, but I overdid it quickly. I'll be a month out of summer touring/fighting weight when I get back on the road so I plan on spinning for a while.

I found this training and ride log of a couple guys who took their classics across Pennsylvania the wrong way. I'm assuming their animals, and that I would gear down a bit. Scroll down to Bike specs.