View Single Post
Old 11-21-20, 07:29 PM
LBCwanabe 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by balindamood
Looks like they did do it. Huh. I do not recall any of those. We sold probably 10 Cimmerons in 1987 (most people bought Sierras...less $$, or Fishers, more $$). After that, the KOM was all the rage, then the Kestral, . Almost seems like they had some 87's left over and marketed them as '88's. I cannot quite tell if the fork in the picture has the mid-fork brase-ons or not. Most of the earlier Schwinns had them, but they seemed to go away about 1987ish.

I do not have any replacement forks with the mid-fork braze-ons. Sorry.
I notice many more sierras for sale on eBay. It makes sense they were more affordable. This Cimarron reminds me of a Stumpjumper. I’ve had 2 87’s an 1 88 in the 22” size. The weight was about the same. The last stumpy I sold was a 87. I ended up selling just the frame/fork/headset& brakes. I’m going to use the fd/rd/crank/wheel set for this Cimarron frame. I think the mid blade threaded brazeons are the best feature of vintage bikes.

of all 3 stumpys we’ve had they all had subtle differences.

let me ask you this: when you would assemble your Schwinns for the sales floor did you have to install the headset races? Or were they sent preinstalled? Same question for the bottom bracket?