View Single Post
Old 11-23-16, 04:57 PM
Carlosss

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poppit
I might be wrong but I think he did 12.146 to just miss out on qualifying in 13th place. No1 in qualifying did 10.308
Yup that's right! Ended up placing 13th out of 39... Can you believe it?! One spot out of the qualifying top 12 haha 12th qualifier got 12.045, damn it, just 0.1 of a second faster.

No. 1 was Lewis Oliva, now in the GB team I believe, he was a beast! There were another two insanely fast sprinters going under 11 seconds too. Former GB track cyclist Jess Varnish was also there winning the elimination race, which was pretty cool to watch.

My 12.146 flying 200m was a PB, 0.35 of a second under my previous record. And having looked at my speed measurements it seems I could've gotten below 12 seconds had I timed my sprint a bit better (I think). You can see the speed measurements in the graph below. It seems that out of the 12 seconds only about 7-8 were after I reached peak speed of 61.8 km/h (which was a peak speed PB too). That means for about 4 seconds of my flying lap I was still building speed, which isn't good because the first 2 seconds at under 60 km/h dragged my average speed down to about 59.3 km/h.

The problem is I was so focused and pumped up that suddenly I wasn't sure I had one lap to go so my windup speed was a bit on the low side. Thankfully I heard a friend shouting at me to push hard in the back straight before the flying 200 and managed to increase my speed to about 42 km/h before jumping out of T4, but it wasn't enough it seems. I did feel very fresh that time, the windup didn't fatigue me at all (getting the push up the banking to begin the windup helped of course ).