View Single Post
Old 12-11-19, 10:51 PM
Liquidspacehead

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by katsup
Are you looking at a flat bar bike or drop bar? Do you prefer steel, aluminum or carbon fiber? What is your idea of a "long ride".

You mentioned Salsa by name and their journeyman claris model is within your budget and comes in either drop or flat bar. With Surly, there is the cross check, but it doesn't have disc brakes, if that is important to you.
Lol I know or both of the bikes I actually was between them but I couldn't justify paying that much for lack of some things that other decent bikes in that range cost. I hate carbon and can not personally see how carbon could ever supply what I'm asking. The difference to steel or aluminum doesn't matter to me as much as some things. Yes I understand that can be night and day to a lot of people but to me it's not that big of a deal. And I'd like to spend an entire day riding at a time. Sometimes up to 40 miles sometimes more. But not often. I did my research and as far as I've come, which I still have a long way to go. The Trek DS3 seems to be EXACTLY what I've been looking for for 100 less than the journeyman AND the surly crosscheck. I don't really want bigger than 700x40 tires and the dual sport seriously packs a punch for the dollar. I love drop bar as well but I'm beyond willing to compromise and if not I can make the proper arrangements to make it my dream ride! Thank you all for your help. Seriously! I think I'm leaning toward Trek right now but still open to options. But I swear the dual sport 3 is exactly what I'm looking for. Minus the handlebars