Old 10-14-19, 09:00 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick53
Hey Thanks : I'm actually waiting for Treks Dual Sport style in Electric to come back out : My sources Tell me that's sometime Prior to Spring . So if I purchased a Class 3 is there a Registration Requirement ? I'm wondering how they would Moderate it. I live in West Michigan AREA . So we have a variety of Trails VIA torn up Railroad Track. You can Travel easily 100 Miles North and 50 Miles South . Without ever getting off a Trail more then a city block. What I need to do is find a Store Either in Michigan or a Nearby State that is a Full Stocking Dealer : Hard to find in Winter Wonderland Areas : Thanks for the reply
I'm glad to have been of help to you, though I admit that I am not the most informed on the subject matter. That's why I said check with your local authorities to learn what the rules are about e-bike use in your jurisdiction.

To the best of my knowledge, in most parts of the US, an electric bicycle doesn't need to be registered as a "motor vehicle" as long as it fits within certain guidelines which most models on the market do, generally 20 or 28 mph max, 750 watts max and pedals. If you buy something that has a 3,000 watt motor, goes over 30 mph and has no working pedals, or even if it does, then you can pretty much assume that the authorities may not view that as a "bicycle" and could require some type of registration if the vehicle comes equipped to meet certain standards and if intended for use on public streets and roads, not just off-road or private property. But of course that last example is not what you are looking into anyway so disregard that.😁

Hopefully Trek will soon offer that model (Dual Sport) that you are waiting for and when you get it have a blast. Be sure to keep the forum group updated. Ride safe.👍