View Single Post
Old 11-23-19, 08:29 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts
Update/Success

I received the 5500 BB, 68 1.37x24, with a length of 109.5. Also the 2.5 spacer for the drive side of the BB cup. It all worked out well. The clearance between the small ring and the chainstay is now at 4mm and the chain line is 43.85. I also adjusted the position of the FD to accommodate the change, and installed new gear cables. Everything is working great on the workstand. Tomorrow morning I am going to install new brake cables and adjust the cantilever/brake pads. I purchased a fork mount cable guide and I am hoping that cuts down on the shudder and noise. The Campy Zonda wheels I purchased have wider rims than the Open Pro rims that have been mounted on the bike. Hopefully, I will be riding the Poprad tomorrow with the Dura Ace crankset, Zonda wheels, new cables and a just cleaned and lubed chain. WooHoo! My confidence and willingness to learn and do more bike mechanics/maintenance has taken another step. It takes me more time than mechanically skilled bicyclists, but for me, that is a good thing. I need to be focused and be sure of the process to get things done correctly. Once this bike is done, I can move on to two other projects I have in line.