Old 02-18-20, 12:44 PM
robbiesd

Bikes: `06 Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hi spinconn,
I live in Smyrna and typically ride the SCT 5 days a week. The closing is at the bridge over Noses Creek, (mile 8ish) The bridge is supposed to be re-opened 2/20/20. Yesterday I saw they poured half of the new concrete deck. Raining today so I doubt the other half is being done but the trail should be fully open when you arrive. Almost all the Trailhead parking lots are kinda secluded for long-term parking IMO and as the trail closes at dark, none of them are lit. I not aware if they are patrolled although the Paulding County Sheriff's Dept. uses an old caboose as a trail sub-station at the Hiram Trailhead. Mike is the Officer assigned to it. He's mostly out on the trail, has a smartcar, a motorcycle and a bike he uses. A mtn biker on his own time. Other's suggested nearby parking locations that are well lit and perhaps patrolled that might be better. The Publix just east of mile 0 would be a good parking spot and it's right on the Silver Comet Connector so it's really the same as the Silver Comet Trail. Just west across the intersection from Burger King is another parking lot right next to the Silver Comet Connector and facing the E/W Connector that I think is lit. I see cars there for days on end sometimes and the cupcake shop in the strip center behind often parks a sign-truck there for long periods.