View Single Post
Old 05-01-19, 11:28 AM
Climb14er
Jazz Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
I learned one important lesson many year's ago... EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT and so is their metabolic makeup!

What works for one might not work for another. What sheds pounds for one might not be the same for another. What one person swears tastes good and is excellent for the body, might not taste the same for another.

I've been active my whole life and have eaten mostly organic and natural foods since high school. I do indulge in moderation from time to time but being active, running, walking, mountaineering, cycling... have all kept me in good condition

Began a spin class last December, wanted to get more intense workouts into my regime especially in the winter months. Went from 1X a week to start to now 3X a week and absolutely love the experience! The workouts are kicking my butt but I'm hanging in there fully! I'm sixty six, been road cycling since my teens and am usually the oldest in the spin class, mostly women, and a few other young guys.

I gotta say, especially with the free Silver Sneakers program, I found an instructor who he himself is in his mid fifties, former road racer and his leadership during the workouts is excellent. I go M-W, late afternoons, and Friday mornings. 45 minutes of pushing hard and Friday, 60 minutes of busting my you know what. Low impact, recovery in between, my system enjoys being pushed hard. Actually, dropping a few pounds, not that I needed it and can feel the intensity of the workouts improving my road riding.

If you have the chance, give it a try. All I needed were some SPD cleats on a new pair of comfortable mtn bike shoes

Enjoy!