Old 05-17-19, 06:47 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
All of the above, plus massage. Really seems to help my sore, stiff legs.

I use a massively heavy marble rolling pin to massage my legs. The weight makes it easy, other than doing my calves and hamstrings, which feel like bicep curls.

And foam rollers for the back, neck, etc.

I used to think the various topical analgesics I used were helping, but it was mostly the massage that goes with applying topical ointments. I get more relief from spending more time using the rolling pin on the legs and less worrying about the latest magical topical analgesic. Stopain roll-on works well enough, doesn't cost much and relieves some pain for about 20-30 minutes, mostly by fooling the nerves just under the skin for awhile with mint, wintergreen oil and MSM.

Anti-inflammatories might help but theories differ, especially about whether NSAIDs interfere with natural prostaglandins and whether we're trading some immediate relief for long term healing. I dunno. I take a prescription anti-inflammatory (oral diclofenac), bromelain (pineapple enzyme, supposedly a good non-NSAID anti-inflammatory and digestive enzyme), and CBD. I was skeptical about CBD claims for a year, until I found some that really works. No idea whether it's really an anti-inflammatory or just an analgesic. Either way, it works without the side effects of my prescription paid meds so I rarely take those anymore.