View Single Post
Old 08-17-19, 07:19 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by frogbiscuit
Thanks for the advice. I did put an extension and the original bars back on the bike and it helped, but it's not perfect. I think that the lack of options for differnt hand positions is an issue as well - It is much less when I ride my road bike. I am going to put some bar ends on it and see what happens.
If you find riding your (drop bar) road bike more comfortable/sustainable, then maybe you are just one of those who prefer drop bars to flat bars for your road cycling.

I don't. I use simple flat bars (580 width, 3 degree bend, 0 rise) with bar ends/Ergon grips. No issues at all on regular weekend rides of 40-60 miles, or centuries (done two over the years, just to see if I could). I prefer shifting/braking from the 'mtb position'.

Bike (Sirrus) is set up so that my position on the bar ends is pretty much identical to what I'd have on the hoods of a properly-fitted Roubaix. Bar ends facilitate the same wrist/arm/shoulder realignment as moving between hoods and tops on drop bars, and that's all that I've found necessary. But as I said, lots of folks simply find drop bars more comfortable; you may be one.

My set-up: