Old 09-05-19, 08:38 AM
Gregfl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Very sharp bike, and good photos. Looks like it would be a fun rider...

I'm not familiar with the marquee, but it wasn't uncommon for shops to use contract builders and house branding. A lot of those contract guys/shops were very talented. This looks like the lugs have seen some filing, which is a good sign, and hard work on IC lugs.

As far as value, unfortunately, an unknown brand mixed with predominantly lower end campy is probably going to equate to it being seen as a lower end Italian...at least it would if I were the one opening my wallet. I think this is a case where it's worth more as a frame. I'd GUESS...CL...300-400. It would be a good deal for the buyer, but I might be on the high end. I think shipping costs makes it a non-starter on ebay.
Thanks for your assessment and valuation and yes it's a great riding bike. I understand that super record was high end, and the victory wheels was lower end campy for the time. I really like the grey color of the victory rims and how smooth the ride is. . I bought the bike local for $400 and I am happy with the purchase. When I get the time I am going to remove the minor surface rust, strip it down for a comple clean, replace the colombus stickers and clear coat it.

I still would love the experts assessment of the Italian frame, that would make my day.