View Single Post
Old 10-16-09, 11:23 AM
garysol1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt C USMC
So here's what I'm considering - and I don't know enough about the alternatives to get outside of the mainstream manufacturers

Headset: Easton EC90 TKO round handlebars with Easton EC90 stem (total package less than $150 online!!)
fine....

Pedals: Time RXS
fine.....look at Keo's and Shimano SPD' L as well

Seat Post: Easton EC70 CNT
ok, I much prefer the Thomson Elite though

And I MIGHT change the forks out for a set of Easton EC90s.
why?

Wheels: (Here's the dilemma) Mavic Krysium Equipes, Fulcrum racings 5s, or Easton EA70 Sls. All of these can be had for around $500 and change. (I also have pro I know who's willing to part with a pair of EA90 Aeros for 500 with a dura-ace cassette that he used for training last season, but I'm not so sure about buying second hand wheels)
Second hand wheels are fine as long as you get a reputable wheel builder to check them out to make sure spoke tension is ok and they are straight. Any of the wheels you mentioned are a good solid choice.

So what do you think ? What would you recommend ? Also , does anyone know what the 2005 CFR BB is ? I would think it's Shimano , but without removing the crankset, I wouldn't know for sure.
BB will be a english threaded bb. As to the brand Performance used in the CFR is anyones guess. Replacement BB's are cheap though