Old 08-14-20, 06:15 AM
deepakvrao

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
Personal opinion,

Can't comment but I have rim brakes and my small hands easily fit around the hoods.

I like not having to have the bike near an outlet. I get 800+ miles on a charge and just take the batteries inside and charge them while i'm watching a ball game. Also if for some reason you miss the blinking LEDs and a batter goes dead, you can move the RD battery to the RD.

What stuff? Are you saying that you can't intermix 11 speed with 12 speed? Who would want to?

A Trek Domane SL7 with eTap is $200 more than Di2. That's on a $6000 bike. Doesn't seem that MUCH.
1. Yes, personal.
2. I have SRAM mech on a bike, and love the hoods. The hydraulic electronic are huge, though that is also aesthetic and/or personal
3. I have plenty of outlets in my bike room, and anyway ****loads of stuff need to be charged, including pedals.
4. I like to have some compatibility between my bikes. Again personal.
5. Looking to buy 2 new electronic groupsets, and the difference I find is about 500 dollars [or more] between Ultegra Di2 and SRAM Force etap.

If I am wrong on 4, I would love to buy etap actually, as to go Di2 I have to drill 2 titanium frames. Etap would be convenient, but I am avoiding it due to cost.