Old 03-04-05, 11:41 AM
kb0tnv

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by naisme
but that could only improve things for us, as they would be even more aware of what it is like to commute when they get back in their SUVs, etc.
I think there would be reports of people having heart attacks....since they have been driving for so long and can't take the excercise. ;0) Seriously I would like more commuters out there...(safety in numbers) I am looking forward to Spring too. I agree with others that people will grip about gas taxes and just cut back on that six pack of beer or something else. Remember that this is a Credit Card nation.... so nothing is really out of reach for the general masses. Some just chose to pay the high interest rate out of ignorance... and wonder why they work 2 or three jobs and never get anywhere. I knew that when my wife got out of the work world that it would take an income to pay for each car. So we settled on one car and I bike to work whenver I can. She can get me if I can't or take me to work. Remember that in life there are trade offs if you don't want to get in over your head financially.

My favorite phrase is: "I paid the exact price for my item (food whatever...). I didn't drive... I rode my bike "

Peace,