Old 10-12-12, 11:08 AM
DaveWC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fly:yes/land:no
i think you missed the point. there is a BIG difference between the radar and the officer - the photo radar cannot stop the next violation from happening. the officer can. i am not talking about this from only the cyclist's perspective - perhaps the opposite. imagine if you are legally walking across the street and get hit by the cyclist running the third red light. you require hospitalization, and the bill is pretty hefty. if you found out that the reason that the cop didn't stop him was because he was hoping to increase the cyclist's fines, wouldn't you be mad? using the robbery example from above, if you were the owner of the 2nd through 10th store that was robbed, wouldn't you be mad that the officer didn't arrest the guy after the first violation witnessed?
You're right, I'm approaching this from the perspective of the guy running 3 lights & deserving 3 tickets. I'm not that concerned that in this case, the cop let him repeatedly break the law. I'm guessing the cop figured given the current road conditions the likelihood of the cyclist causing an accident was low.