View Single Post
Old 04-19-19, 04:24 PM
jmess

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sort of what I have come to believe. It seems strange though that there appears to be zero info on the interweb about managing it for endurance athletes. My symptoms are mainly feeling light headed when I stand up after sitting/relaxing for 5 or so minutes. The more my fitness improves the more frequent the incidents of this. It seems that when you reach the point of slow causing problems you are a candidate for a pace maker. I could try a major reduction in training along with eating lots of junk food so I gain weight and lose aerobic fitness. This should increase my resting heart rate.

Originally Posted by Myosmith
This is not something where you should be looking for advice from an internet forum. The term "bradycardia" means nothing more than a heart rate below the accepted "normal" range of 60-100 bpm. Many people through genetics and/or training have resting heart rates that are not "normal". One of my early mentors in the ER told me "Slow is good until it causes problems". You mention that you have minor symptoms of bradycardia. Only a qualified physician can tell you if those symptoms are anything to worry about or if your training is likely to make those symptoms worse.