View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 06:25 AM
Richard Cranium

Bikes: 2003 LeMond -various other junk bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 35 Posts
My resting HR drops to 35-40 sometimes (66 years young) and I have some of the minor symptoms of Bradycardia. I have seen my primary care doc and had an EKG. The EKG was reviewed by a Cardiologist and based upon my history and physical condition it was determined this was something to watch but not be alarmed about. I have been searching for training plans/changes that reduce the risk of my Bradycardia symptoms worsening and haven’t found anything. I have no problems with raising and lowering my heart rate during exercise/cycling and don’t have any Afib symptoms.
What's the deal here?

You say you want to "reduce the risk of my Bradycardia" - and in the next phrase you say you have no problems. (nor Afib) -- OK - I'll bite - what's the meaning of your post?

At 66 years of age - you should have already had a full four-chamber / Doppler echo cardiogram by now. What did that result show? And if your doctor says he is "not alarmed" - then - why are you?

If you are really concerned about your health - and you want to know about bradycardia - then study it - without coming to conclusions about (exercise regimens) pulled out of thin air before you know what any your test readings mean.

Heart knowledge

Pacemaker specific

And finally - thousands of athletes have low resting HRs - most of the time their slow heart rate is due left-side heart enlargement as well as efficient left-ventricle and aortic-valve health. Hopefully that is your case.

If you want more info you can message me. All the info is out there....