Old 06-26-19, 09:36 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
This is a very important point.

It is a common misconception that brighter ambient light in an urban environments lessens the need for a bright light. Exactly the opposite is true. Competition from other light sources means you need to stand out and a brighter light is required to do so.

Consider that the second light might be helmet mounted.

A bar light shows you where you are going. A helmet light shows you where you want to go.

Having both bar and helmet lights is an outstanding setup but if I had to run only one light it would be a helmet light. The Light & Motion Vis 360 Pro is excellent.

-Tim-
I have for years wanted to design a handlebar mount with a pivot and a belt that goes around a pulley wheel under the light and the headtube so when you turn the handlebars, the light turns roughly twice as far. In other words, so it illuminates the corner you are entering, not the roadside where you do not want to end up. Still on my to-do list.

Ben