Old 04-26-10, 10:57 AM
dudeona3V

Bikes: '69 Raleigh DL-1, '72 Paramount, '75 Eisentraut, '80 A-D Vent Noir II, '82 A-D Inter 10, '83 Motobecane Grand Touring, '83 Stumpjumper, '84 Masi GC, '87 Recherche, '87 Tesch 101, '88 Tesch S-22, '88 Davidson...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nice find. Looks very original and well kept. These things are all over the place pricewise. Last week one sold for $150 (though I don't know how it was equipped or condition otherwise) while last summer a seller was trying to get $1,600. They're desirable. Everybody seems to want one. I have two: one that's a nice original example like yours and one that's kind of a beater, but great riding bikes in any case. I sold another that was a little too small for me a couple of Springs ago when the market was maybe a little better. It was kinda in-between mint original and good rider. It had no problem fetching $495 the first day it was listed. I would maybe "preserve" that rare and desirable foam grip for fear of anything possibly damaging it and perhaps replace with some cloth or Benotto, get some hoods and throw it out there for at least $600. That does put you in the territory of a Raleigh Pro, Paramount or other 531 bike that is equipped with NR and not GS, but the condition and the desirability of smoke chrome should make up for that. By the way, what's the serial?