Old 08-21-10, 05:21 AM
FunkyStickman
On a Mission from God

Bikes: '10 Surly LHT, Rat-rod Klunker, '82 Peugeot PH12 Centennial

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
The weather's been nasty lately, which is fair enough... I don't have any wet weather gear on the bike as of yet. However, the local bike club is having a big shindig ride today, having the race team ride with the regulars and do paceline training, answer training questions, etc. so I was gung-ho about it until last night...

So I'm up writing on my book (yes, I'm writing a book) and my wife starts asking me questions, and before I know it, she's laying into me about riding my bike every day... she actually told me "I can't believe on the weekend, the few days you get off, you don't want to sleep in and snuggle with me! You can ride later, or do aerobics, or something, right?" Apparently she thinks riding every day is making me tired. On top of that, she's jealous that I'm getting back in shape and losing weight, when for years, she was the athletic one.

I just about lost it. But I was a good husband, and I acknowledged her feelings. Sure enough, 5:30 AM rolls around, and BAM I'm wide awake and my legs are itching to ride, because, hey, every other day I'm up at 5:30. My body doesn't know what day of the week it is, all it knows is it wants to go ride. So now I'm here crying to the BF peoples, AND missing my ride... ugh. I suck at life.

Maybe I should have just said it was raining...