Old 05-02-13, 01:01 AM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Pinch... has been my favourite blended Scotch for decades.

Famous Grouse... I keep a bottle in the cabinet as a staple and it is better than a lot of singles.

Some favourite singles...

Springbank 10 yr - from Campbeltown, our ancestral home. Spectacular whiskey.

Auchentoshan - 12 yr old, (triple distilled)... more complex than many give it credit for and a change from Highland malts, one of the smoothest whiskeys there is with great citrus notes and a long dry finish.

Amrut - a singularly stellar Scotch from India that is only aged 5 -6 years because of the climate but comes across like a good 10/12 yr old whiskey, it is considered one of the best whiskeys on the face of the earth. If I was wealthy I'd drink this all the time... it is that freaking good.

I am very partial to my local Alberta Springs 10 yr old rye (blended) that is a nearly pure rye whiskey although it is blended for taste and might have a little mix of other grains... it is a simply luscious whiskey that has been getting excellent reviews here as I brought a few bottles with me to share with friends and family. At 24.00 a bottle it lives closer to the bottom of the shelf but tastes like it came off the top.