Old 12-15-18, 04:11 PM
Awaqa909

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've put about 12KM on it (I live in USA, TX, but idk if I should change it to MPH) Seems to be reading 0.5-1kmh low vs gps. I consider it acceptable. A brake pad ended up falling off and I lost the washer but found the nut. Might go to the hardware store today or tomorrow. While assembling the bike I thought I heard the spokes making noise, but I think it was just the rear derailleur kinda clanking around. I have not touched it with the spoke tool that I now have. It was making a hallow ping kind of noise. I have not heard it during riding.

I'm seeing the quality of this bike in the drivetrain. While trying to tune the front and rear derailleur I had to put it upside down on the seat since that was the easiest way I could think of. I would pedal it and then stop and the freewheel kinda wobbled and that made the bike almost bounce off the seat. But the rim looked to be running fairly true. This doesn't seem to be a problem while riding or maybe the road roughness just hides it that well. I'm not sure still if the front derailleur is low enough, but there lies another problem. There is a bit of runout with the crank gears and the chain will rub either end of the derailleur and specific spots. I'm not sure if this is something I can tune out of not. The brakes are kinda bad. This style of brake lever is different then say a mountain bike. It's hard to get any leverage. If I pull my brake pads away there is more slack in the braking, but once you get past that, it seems easier to brake. I noticed some screws inside the brake levers. Is that a adjustment or how they are secured to the handlebars?