Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
I think Cardiac Drift could be more interesting as a punk band name or the 8th installment of the Fast and Furious franchise.

fstrnu. I know I am going to hate myself for asking but what is the goal of this training for you, both on the spin bike and in relating it here. Training implies preparing oneself for a goal. Do you have a goal other than the training itself? One problem with only indoor spinning is there is no end point other than say maintaining X rpm for Y minutes or some other such thing. Undefined fitness goals as you seem to be chasing only lead to overuse issues and fitness addiction disorders. Concrete real world goals moderate those tendencies. Otherwise you are training to train which is an unending cycle.

If your goal here is to relate an idea you are doing a terrible job by ignoring all the questions being asked of you. It sounds like you are driven only to communicate your opinion one way regardless of the audience and that clearly influences their reception of your ideas. From a communication perspective it's a fail. In communication courses you would be taught something like:

1. This is who I am.
2. This is my experience.
3. This is what I hope to teach you.
4. This is why it's important.
5. This is how I will do it.
6. Are there any questions.

You've just skipped 1 and 2, and danced around 6 so that people are openly challenging 4.
I've asked her/him for her/his goal several times now, but have not received a response.

So that the request is not one-sided ...

My goal is to build up to distance cycling again ... after a rather rough year.

Right now I'm in an enforced "ride easy" mode because of a hip/back injury, but thankfully I have been OK'd to ride some. So this past weekend, we cycled 15 km each day. That's practically nothing, but right now it is what I can do and we will gradually build from there.

I am also incorporating other activities such as the exercises my Sports Dr has given me and some carefully executed upper body weights. Also a bit of walking and some slow stair climbing.

That's my goal. Others here have different goals. Some want to race. Some want to be fit enough to tour. Some want to be able to commute comfortably year round. Some may be using cycling to train or keep in shape for other sports.

So a person can suggest a training plan (I'm guessing that's what this is all about), but you've got to be able to tailor it to a specific goal.

Right now, for me, for example, doing intervals would be a very bad thing and not at all a part of my plan. But gradually building a base is part of my plan. And just because that's where I'm at, doesn't mean that's where everyone else is at.