View Single Post
Old 05-24-19, 06:44 AM
Rootman

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I've got a class 1 that looks pretty much like a standard hybrid ebike, not quite mountain, not quite road. I got it because I absolutely suck at hills. I work 50-60 hours a week and just can't ride more to get in better shape. On my standard bike I was spinning up hills, dropping to like 3 mph and practically worn out by the time I make it up. An ebike makes that a lot easier.

I like long rides, speed not so much. I can turn the assist off and use it when going up hills, the back off. I can go 100 miles easy by using it only when I need it. I'm getting a better work out because I am riding more. Before I would NOT ride my standard because I didn't want to wear myself out on the hills. Now I ride with confidence and do all the rides I want to do.

I'm not interested in speed but my overall average speed has risen nearly 5 MPH since I am not spinning up hills slow as molasses. I'm also not having to take it slow after a hill trying to recover from the ascent I just made. And I can complete a ride in less time, which is important in early spring and late fall when the sunrise and set make the days shorter.

The bike was ~$2500 and worth every penny to me. I ride more, ride longer and ride further that I did on my standard bike.
Now if the weather would only cooperate, it's been the wettest, coolest spring I've ever seen.