Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Bird scooter injury incident

Take a look at this video:

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...2-7380b277690d

The woman involved is on this social media campaign to try and find the "perp" on all of the ride groups and pages for the local area/Facebook.

My simple question to her was to ask if her brakes worked. By her own admission she was doing something in the neighborhood of 15MPH on that MUP within 20 foot of this individual at the time the altercation happened. I suggested to her that perhaps rather that try and get a company to invade their paying customers privacy rights on her asking, that she might want to consider her own fault in this. I am not sure if she is of the thought that she is going to find this individual and they are just going to write her a check, or if she thinks the police and court system are some compassionate grandmother that will only look at her version of events.

At any rate, her public statements and positioning have already muddied the water so much that no lawyer worth his business card would touch it with a 10 foot pole, nor would any actionable prospects start to develop until she is well in over her deductible.
I was the ******* for suggesting that she take this as the learning experience it was and to slow down when around others.