cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Quite a unique set of theft deterrent bolts on those bikes.

Apparently not a lot of bikes in their "Museum". But, perhaps it will grow.

Someone had posted a battered Lime Bike in the Wacky thread of a bike that had popped up on Craigslist, but it was never clear if it was stolen.
Doing my best. I have had correspondence with Spin and Jump.

Lime has ignored me as much as humanly possible As a matter of fact, I have yet to find a single instance of Lime donating any of their bicycles when a scrapyard was well at hand.

Originally Posted by robertorolfo
Yes, the Mobikes were all variations on that design. Aside from the weight, they were just in poor shape, or were bad from the start. Most of the wheels felt (and were visibly) wobbly, and as you mentioned when talking about hubs, there was the sensation of riding with the brakes on. I tried to spin the front wheels on a couple, and they came to a stop pretty quickly because they were driving a generator. It all just added up to a terrible riding experience.
That brake sensation sounds like dragging band brakes. If the generator hubs were causing it, it wasn't from the magnets - there's very little drag on either the Panasonic or off-brand 6V generators on either of the ofos.

-Kurt