Old 09-03-20, 01:48 PM
GAtkins

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR7 Project One 62cm- 2010 Specialized Allez 61cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeEckhaus
Seems strange that they all have the same problem. Stupid question, and please don't be mad at me for suggesting it, but have you made sure the key was turned counterclockwise all the way before inserting the male end? I know, it's like asking if the computer is actually on when you call Apple tech support, but I was just trying to think of what could cause all of them to have the same problem. Do they physically work and just not look right, or do they not work? IIRC, they do draw in a little as you are tightening the threads with the key. Also, I'm not totally sure they go all the way in when engaged. My 1up locks are at home, so I can see what mine look like when engaged later tonight.
Well, it turns out that the computer was off. Gawd! That worked. Thank you. That is the single-most counter intuitive situation I have encountered in a very long time - tightening a bolt with a key - unreal.

Either that wasn't in the instructions or I missed it (more likely). I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. Is it safe to use the rack with just the Security Hitch Bolt screwed in with the Security wrench? It seems so, but then again, I'm not sure. Again, many thanks.

Glenn