Old 11-16-19, 04:45 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
You know what? Screw jack legged lazy contractors and constructors. The junk I find when fixing or remodelling our home is ludicrous.

We have a simple ranch. 3 bed 2 bath. There wasn't a tub in the house when we bought it, two showers. I reno'd the shower area in the one bathroom. Looking great. That room had wallpaper (screw you for doing that also). Alright, got quotes. Before settling on a guy, cause I don't have time to mess with that, I notice the ceiling sagging. I had thought that bath didn't vent well. Well, the jack leg idiot had just laid the fan vent tube next to the fan outlet. No tape, nothing. Way too small a tube anyway. It was just trying to move air against the insulation. It didn't really ruin anything wet, as it wasn't moving air. The wallpaper kept it all contained it seems and no condensation in the walls or insulation above the ceiling. Whew.

Either way, to rectify some junk I decided to instead to just pull the drywall off the three other walls opposite the shower instead of paying for tons of wallpaper/damage repair from holes.

Glad I did.

Freaking POS had wired some random cable up and out of the one sconce light, over, and down another stud. Then, just left it like that behind the wall. No caps, no termination, no outlet, nothing. The neutral was touching the ground barely. The hot wasn't, luckily. But, thing definitely was energized each time you'd turn on those sconce lights.

Fixed that. All the drywall is out. I did it in such a way to not make dust (get it started somewhere and just rip it off the nails). So, it's now ready for new drywall. I'll probably toe nail a stud or two in a couple places for better support and nail in a board in a couple places for solid mounting of towel racks or hooks and stuff.

I also need to fix a drip on the faucet supply shutoff valve. I'll probably turn the water off, drain it out at a lower point outdoor faucet, then cut the pipe and just install two new ones and not mess with replacing the gasket.

I don't mind doing stuff, but it really displeases me to run across stuff that wastes my time figuring out what some lazy jack legged drunk did and how to properly rectify it.
Likes For burnthesheep: