Old 03-15-20, 06:39 PM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
On today's ride, it occurred to me that I have yet to transfer my tool roll/flat kit and pump to the new bike. The thrill of livin' dangerously!

Anyway, I looked at my pump, a Lezyne Road Drive or something, and it's farked. The hose screws in to the body of the pump for storage, and some moisture worked in and it's all corroded and gross. So what's the current go-to mini-pump? I want to store it on the bike (lighter is better), would prefer something with a hose (so that I don't rip off a valve inadvertently) and I only need to get up to 70 psi or so. Any recommendations?
I think Lezyne road drive HP is still the preferred mini pump. At least within the hose requirement. I know topeak mini rocket (or some such I’m sure it has rocket in its name) is well regarded, and if you’re willing to wait while it ships, barbieri carbone was well regarded some time ago.

I had to do the search last year, but those three are what stuck to my mind. I went with the carbone, just because it fit the size requirement and I liked the color (all black). About 100 push and it gets to about 60-65, and then another 100+ gets you to 80-ish if I remember correctly. Caveat; I think my “test” pumping was on a 23, so it may take considerably longer/more effort for 28s. I had my other “mini” pump quickex pro at least 9 years and it is great but, it is not that mini in all honesty.
Likes For kissTheApex: