kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Nice

I love little tube amps. I've got one of the little Peavey Valveking heads that's switchable between 20/5/1 watts. I think I've been running it at the 1W setting and it's a great volume for someone who has to share a wall. I love the cleans on it but the gain channel is absolute garbage, so I have a switching mechanism on my pedalboard that lets me run a distortion pedal straight into the effects loop return.

I also had a Vox AC-4 for a little bit that was really fun with my Telecaster. A one-trick pony, for sure, but it did it well. Can't remember why I got rid of it, though

yeah, I spent 4+ months on scambay until one got listed for what I can justify spending on.

I've heard similar comments on all switchable amps though. Valve king is high on my list if I was in the market for a new one though.

I was able to set this one just so that the it starts to break with a little movement of the volume on the guitar . Most of the time, I just run it as is, but it also does great with an mxr 78 custom badass when I want something more..

I was lucky to snag a boss GT-10 for $125 when Best Buy was going out of musical instrument business, and from time to time I set it up, but there are so many stuff that I don’t need on it that I thought of selling it every once in a while. Probably would feel the same way you for the ac4 if I did.