Old 12-22-21, 05:05 AM
RobertPaulson

Bikes: Dolan DF4, Tarmac SL7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
For those that have wahoo kickr's how do they perform on standing starts? Currently I have a wahoo core and its pretty poor, no matter the mode it seems like I get slippage/odd resistance behavior in the low RPM range.

I'm leaning towards the tacx neo 2T, just because it has the promise of Isokinetic training (I can't post a link but google tacx isokinetic app for details) which in theory lets me try some of the recent published workouts (google 'mehdi kordi Quasi-Isometric Cycling') from mehdi kordi - anyone have any hands on experience? Checking out the few youtube clips I can find of someone using that mode, its pretty vague as to how successful it would be for recreating that particular training session (min speed seems too high to get instant resistance in the right pedal range).

The neo 2T and kickr are also getting very close to the price of used wattbike trainer/pro models in the UK. Should I just take the leap and grab one of those (only thing with real stability for efforts?)? I just want something for sprint work/standing starts etc. would be great if it sets up for mehdi's isokinetic workouts also.