View Single Post
Old 07-01-18, 03:34 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Congratulations Deacon Mark! Good for you knowing when it was time to step away.

Not much to add other than my 2 years of retirement has been about perfect for me. I still pretty much have a daily routine but except for the random unexpected issues with one of my adult kids that pops from time to time life is great. I don’t know about you but I had to learn how to put things off???? For me routine is good but also very flexible. I’m doing things I enjoy, plus keep me both mentally and physically challenged.

I’m fortunate to have a very solid financial plan and in fact will become even stronger when I start receiving Social Security benefits at age 70.

Another thought is I think it’s great to plan “bucket list” activities for yourself annually. Whether it’s trips, family get togethers, renewal of friendships etc. those are healthy and rewarding. Planning and experiencing the activities are a blast.

If if you ever need a sounding board to bounce retirement questions and ideas around I’d be happy to oblige. Enjoy!!!