View Single Post
Old 06-24-14, 09:56 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
I purchased a Trek "Dual Sport" while in Italy this spring, I am very happy with the purchase. With the standard 700x38 tire, it was great on both pavement and gravel trails. The bike will fit a larger 700x45 Mountain Bike tires and this would allow the bike to cover dirt trails with good results. See: DS Series - Trek Bicycle

I selected the basic model 8.1 with the rigid steel fork. It had a smooth and comfortable ride and was fast enough for longer rides. The saddle and pedals were well made and durable, I didn't need to upgrade anything.

My comments about the bike and cycling in Italy can be found here: http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...ile-italy.html

When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.