Old 06-12-09, 04:55 PM
qmsdc15
Banned

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
A utility ride/trip/errand that I didn't do today.

I didn't carry $2000 worth of chocolates today, because the chocolatier refused to release them
to my care. She was afraid they would melt. I'm used to dealing with the assumption that
a motor vehicle will be sent on jobs that the client has specified 'car required'. Every job
I do is considered a 'car job'.

What I am not OK with is the assumption that the motor vehicle will have a refrigerated passenger
compartment. If I was using a car for my deliveries, I would most definitely not be running AC.
If I had been driving, she would have handed over the truffles without a thought, but they would
have been exposed to greater heat for a longer period of time. I had some large white shipping
bags I would have used which reflect most of the light that hits them . The chocolate would have
been outside for less than 10 minutes.

Our client was on the receiving end, they will be charged for an attempted pick up. The chocolatier
delivered it herself, so everybody's happy, but it left a bittersweet taste in my mouth. That was
from the chocolate I nibbled on while waiting at the pickup. Yummy! The chocolate I ate was among
the remnants of an apparent chocolate/cocoa/coffee tasting that had happened at the place where
they told me to sit. There were french presses, small cups with small amounts of coffee in them,
pieces of paper with a number next to each cup, small plates with coffee beans on them, a plate with
bits of chocolate on it, and small glasses containing what looked like cocoa. I poured myself some lukewarm
coffee but didn't get around to drinking it. I respect the chocolate maker's pride and concern for her
product. She's an artiste. Rejecting the delivery agent her customer sent was a cheeky move.

Last edited by qmsdc15; 06-12-09 at 04:58 PM.