Thread: Three Wishes
View Single Post
Old 10-19-09, 08:35 PM
chucky
It's got electrolytes!

Bikes: Self-designed carbon fiber highracer, BikesDirect Kilo WT5, Pacific Cycles Carryme, Dahon Boardwalk with custom Sturmey Archer wheelset

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zeppinger
Oh I agree with you that it is certainly possible. I was just thinking about the idea of a cop on a bicycle trying to pull over a car that is probably speeding past him! Maybe he could have a little flashy light on his helmet?

the cops in Sacramento did somethign similiar with a very busy pedestrian crossing in downtown. Right when a flood of cars start coming down the busy road the plain clothes officer would try to cross the street. In CA its illegal to enter a cross walk if there is a ped anywhere on it. A cop about 20 feet down the road would snag anyone who did not yeild. They tried to get out of the tickets by saying it was entrapment but I thought it was a pretty cool idea.
If it were entrapment wouldn't that mean the motorist was trying to hit the pedestrian in the crosswalk?

Also, I'm not sure if a little flashy light would really distinguish a cop from other cyclists. What do regular cycle mounted cops use? In any case I agree that a single cop on a bike would not find much success trying to pull over cars from behind.