View Single Post
Old 12-20-13, 02:52 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,295 Times in 865 Posts
This is the only Concord bicycle I've seen, though I've also seen Concord vinyl bar tape (also made in Japan) that turns up on ebay, looks like Benotto tape!

Two photos, one of My friend's old Concord De Luxe that I just bought back (she's a fair weather rider). This Concord is an entry-level bike but came with Dura-Ace 1st-gen full brakeset, to which I added new hoods (which required full disassembly of the odd D-A levers).

This picture (below) shows how I was able to make a very comfortable (especially comfortable to ride fast) bike out of what looked like too big of a bike for my 5'9-1/2".
And, as clancy98 mentioned in his post, notice the reversed seatpost head which suits these layed-back frame's angles perfectly.
I actually bought the big bike just to use it's 21.1mm dia handlebar stem on my SuperSport, but ended up making this old Kawamura/Eagle/Nishiki a favorite keeper.