Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 10-12-18, 11:50 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
I work from home, though I do have a 'normal' work schedule... other than being on-call 24/7 every other week.
I agree with the idea of true, rational selfishness. Logically, the path to this involves deciding what's best for you, not your current whims. Treating the people around you well is better for you in the long run than being narcissistic... a word most people who complain about 'selfish' should be using.

Also, if she doesn't want me to live much past 50, it means, in the long run, she doesn't want me around. We can address that in a different conversation if she wishes. I agree, being a healthier Dad is far better for the family than the nearly helpless blob I am now.
I think it isn't all malicious, though. There was an episode of King of Queens (I'm not much of a TV watcher, just saw part of this on a gym TV the other day) in which the husband was getting a lot of attention over his weight loss, and the wife was visible disturbed and jealous of it.
Also, I think there's a drive from some 'caretaker' types to want to be the source of all happiness, and if you find it within yourself... it kinda makes 'em feel slighted.

Sorry. I just want to ride my bikes again.

I'm planning to use Sunday morning as my weekly weigh-in, as I understand daily ones can be counter productive. I'll post results here.
Maybe even some pics now and again, if I have the guts.