Old 02-08-19, 10:06 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by markwesti
Awesome looking C'dale ROS , the red and white really make it pop . I love the way the seat stays go vertical on the "R's" .
Thank you! The white tape and saddle are key to making the bike visually sing. Yeah, and with a super tall 3.0-era frame with these stays, they go near vertical! They're about 74.5° or so, essentially mirroring the head tube angle of the 66cm model (63cm too). The cantilevered stays are not for everyone, and on a frame of this height, can be an acquired taste. But when the frame is your size, it's easy to love. Now I don't want to sell it...gah, even for a good 'cause' (big guys need good bikes, too). I look at my other bikes and my heart is more than full--they're all so great! I am beyond blessed. But I can't ride them because snow and ice! In February, in Seattle! Stem conversion, for sure. STI shifters for sure. A triple makes it go anywhere, and really quickly, too.