Old 08-27-19, 07:45 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Gorrister
There are a bunch of people here telling you that your methods are dangerous. But you’re not gonna change them right? Cause it makes you happy to have incredibly strict control of your diet. For some people, having a snack or guilty pleasure food item in moderation won’t affect their weight or health but will boost their happiness; that makes it worth it. ALL of your happiness should not be derived from your physical appearance or BMI or whatever, that’s ED territory and also just a sad way to live. I’d hate not being able to go out for a meal with friends because of calorie restrictions. To me a few extra calories on a Friday night meted by a harder workout on Saturday is worth it. Much better than being home alone weighing chicken breast on a postal scale. Telling someone who’s been successful with weight loss and training that her method is flawed because she enjoys the occasional snack is ridiculous.

Charlie sheen might abuse the moderation method, just like people with eating disorders abuse your method. Although I do know people who have been able to smoke crack in moderation, eventually you have to stop or it will get worse.

food boost happiness

successful weight loss

argues for tasty snacks

^ pretty sure that isn't me, those are the arguments of someone that is addicted to food.

but if someone lost weight once, they can do it again? and again? and again? until type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance catches up. but then it will be just getting old, or some other excuse.