DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
LOL, I think it's funny how everyone is attacking your first post while ignoring the obvious biased one by DRIsotope that makes it sound like the world is going to end if you use these.
Every single person I know that runs GP4000s or 4 Seasons has had at least one spontaneous failure. It's not world ending, and it's not even a huge sample size, but let's not pretend it's not a known issue. The sidewalls started peeling on my Gator Hardshells within a month. I used to have to trim the little bits of string off the tire every couple of days. Conti simply does not make a great sidewall. Those Hardshells lasted for over 6,000 miles, btw. No logos left at the end, the sidewall rubber had all peeled off.

Do spontaneous failures happen? Of course. Less than 200 miles on a Panaracer Gravelking SK 700x35. Tire was aired to 60psi. Went off like a gunshot. I sent these exact photos to Panaracer, they replaced the tire no questions asked. The replacement tire was on the bike until the knobs wore off. I've gotten sidewall cuts from debris, rock, etc on every manner of tire. This one just up and exploded. It happens.