Old 01-10-19, 10:41 PM
robnol
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Whether you are cycling for sport or transportation, a rider's physical limitation determines how far/fast you can go on a bike.
Personally, after riding on upright bicycles for over 25 years (and counting) and recumbent bicycles for over 10 years (and counting);
a recumbent allows me to ride further and faster with less discomfort on my body.
I recover quicker after a hard recumbent ride vs upright bicycle (Road, MTB, cyclocross, etc).
I feel more relaxed, less stressed on a recumbent, even when riding at higher speed.
The downside is that group recumbent rides are harder to find, riding a recumbent with upright cycling group doesn't have quite the same comradery.
Ultimately, cycling is a solo sport, unless you have a stoker with you on every ride.

Yes, transporting a recumbent can be a big disadvantage.
I find that riding my df bike is not as enjoyable as my recumbent highracer….looking straight ahead instead of staring at the road between my thumbs in my aero bars, laying back no neck or saddle discomfort...all this and way more aero than anybody on an upright....