Old 02-12-19, 07:16 PM
cobalt123

Bikes: Salsa Marrakesh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Where is MA do you live? I was a four-year "Deerfield Boy." My 35th high school reunion was last year. Took the train to St. Albans, VT and rode to the reunion. Spent the night before the reunion at Fort Dummer State Park in Guilford, just south of Brattleboro. That would make a nice overnighter for you if you wouldn't mind the stupid steep climb to reach the park and then another steep grade between the park office and the camping area. You could pick up food for dinner at the Price Chopper on Canal St./U.S. 5. To get to school, I took VT/MA 142 to MA 10 then Turners Falls/W. Gill to Main Rd. into Turners Falls then Montague City Rd. to U.S. 5. Not a bad route on a Friday morning. Most of what traffic there was on 142 was heading towards Brattleboro. The town itself is choked with traffic during rush hour. Also, watch your stuff in town. There is a lot of drug abuse there. I needed to pick up some stuff at that big outdoor store in the center of town. No way was I was shopping there unless they let me bring my bike inside, which they did.

After the reunion I headed south to my home in Philadelphia.
I've thought about a similar ride- only having my wife drive me up. or have her drop me north of st johnsbury Vt. But to start with I'll head over from the Gardner MA area.