Old 02-19-19, 04:19 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
My 2 cents here.

Hit a dog once. He ran out and tried, in vain, to bite my front wheel. He instead got T-boned with that front wheel. I managed to stay upright and kept moving. That is until I looked down at my front wheel. Nice wobble. Turned around and went back to find the perp. Kids in the yard evidently had stashed the dog indoors. I could not be 100% sure of the house but I was ripped and was going to have the owner pay for a new rim. Never happened though as everyone scattered.

Second incident. My riding partner and I are headed out on a Sunday morning. About 2 miles from the house we are on a slight downward section of road. I was about 15 feet behind him. He points over at the centerline and there is a large black snake moving across the road. He passes the snake but his motion stirs the snake and it does a 180 to the right side of the road where I am headed. No time to move. The snake is scared and fast and believe it or not makes it across the road in between my front and rear wheel all without me making contact! Now that will get the blood flowing early in the morning.

I can relate to the deer too. I had one run across a road I ride on that is heavily wooded and lucky for me, it was about 10 yards in front of me. Just flew out of the woods straight across the road. That was a near miss.

As others have said, I've had squirrels run thru my wheels, buzzed by turkey vultures and many snakes along the side of the road. Still no bears though. Two dog bites and a fellow group rider that went down in front of me and I hit him square in the back and I did the ole up and over landing on my back. Luckily, I've had no injuries through all of these. I have to admit though, the dogs are the real problem for me. Have to get a camera to record. No one believes the crap I run into out on the country roads.

john